AvWeb Video introducing AvNav EFB
An Interview with Sanjay Kumar, AvNav Founder by Digital Dave and Fast Eddy of EAA Radio
Android's Most Complete and Advanced Electronic Flight Bag App for Pilots. All the advanced features of expensive iOS Apps (and more) - now on Android - the more popular mobile platform
$74.95/year or $7.95/month includes everything (Geo-referenced Approach Plates, Airport Diagrams, Fuel Prices and FBO Information, Terrain)
No other Android App (at any price) does more than AvNav
- VFR + IFR Charts - high quality brilliant charts, fast loading and clear at all zoom levels.
- Geo-referenced Approach Plates - see your position on approach plates. Overlay approach plates on moving map/charts and weather and terrain over approach plate - no other Android App does that.
- North-Up/Track-Up charts and Moving Map GPS
- ADS-B Weather and Traffic with choice of receiver (iLevil, DUAL, Stratux...)
- Daily Updated Fuel prices and FBO Information
- Automatic Flight Logging - play your recorded flight at home or review with flight instructor.
- Accurate Winds aloft calculations and flight planning based on GFS Wind Model - do not fly again with inaccurate wind data. Use Altitude Optimizer to find best altitude for speed and comfort (temperature).
- Stop Typing Same things over - all your data is Synced with the Cloud - flight plans, briefings, aircraft information - again the only Android App to do so.
Geo-referenced Approach plates and Airport Diagrams
AvNav can display position of your plane on Airport diagrams and Approach plates - either in full-page mode or split-screen mode. Currently over 650 Airports Diagrams and 11000 Approach Plates are geo-referenced. You can also overlay IAPs and Airport Diagram on the map page thus showing terrain, MEtars and Weather over them - simply amazing !
Add IAPs/DPs/STARs to the flight plan
AvNav is the only Android App to support all of Victor Airways, DPS, STARs and Instrument approaches in the flight plan. You simply pick a DP, a STAR or an instrument and the App will insert all the waypoints from initial to final fix. For long range flyers, AvNav does winds aloft compensation for each waypoint showing your accurate time in flight and ETA.
Terrain and Obstacles
AvNav can display terrain and obstancles along the route of flight showing terrain above flying altitude in red. While planning a route you can vary your altitude to find lowest altitude to clear the terrain for the flight
AvNav can display terrain and obstancles along the route of flight showing terrain above flying altitude in red. While planning a route you can vary your altitude to find lowest altitude to clear the terrain for the flight.